My approach and who I am
My approach is aimed at helping you make changes in your life.
If you want to find a way to deal with your emotions, overcome the challenges life presents to you and improve your health, then I am the right person for you.
I offer a unique combination of emotional counselling, coaching, EFT and shiatsu.
In a session, you can gain clarity and address any issue you might have, as well as relax and replenish through shiatsu.
Our work begins with an assessment of your physical, emotional, and energetic imbalances. I firmly believe that health consists of the well being of body, mind and soul. I offer a variety of healing tools, that can include dietary and lifestyle recommendations for restoring balance to your physical and emotional life.
In a session, you can also discover what your body is telling you. What do your physical symptoms, such as stomach pain, migraine, tinnitus or emotional symptoms such as anxiety, depression or frustration tell you? How are these physical symptoms linked to your emotions? How can you address them?
Based on my personal story, I have particular experience in helping people through crises, burnout, states of anxiety and deep personal questioning. It is my belief that every crisis harbours a gift and that life invites us to search for it.
Please note that my approach (Coaching/EFT/Shiatsu) does not provide medical or psycho-therapeutic treatment. I can’t make a diagnosis, only a doctor or a psychologist can. For all complaints, please also consult a doctor.
My career in the healing arts started off while I was working as an international human rights advocate in the UK, Peru and India.
I went on to study shiatsu, EFT, macrobiotics and systemic coaching in the UK, Belgium and Germany.
I now live in Brussels where I work as a coach, integrative health counsellor and shiatsu practitioner. Next to that, I give workshops in EFT, Shiatsu, burnout prevention, stress management and deep ecology across Europe.
I grew up in an international environment set in the European institutions and initially followed my “given” path to study politics and law. It seemed to be a normal and natural choice in line with the family tradition. While I have no regrets to have worked in the field of international politics, something always felt “off” during that time. I was more interested in my colleagues’ well being than the day to day business. I wasn’t thriving. I didn’t feel like I had arrived.
Because of the workload I was under, as well as multiple demands life made upon me, I suffered a burnout. This pushed me to reconsider the changes I had made in my life, as well as opening up a new world to me.
I had come across shiatsu, the ancient Japanese healing practice. I went on to study it professionally and then soon came to understand that my life and passion lie in the healing arts. The burnout was- in a way- a helping hand pushing me into the right direction. Since then I have incessantly studied all aspects of human health.
I know what it means to make a profound career change and how to make it work.
This change has given me insight into how to feel safe in times of change. It has shown me what it means to have arrived.
When I work with my clients I am where I need to be.
I have found the place where I can truly help and make a difference.
As a practitioner, I combine dietary, physiological and lifestyle recommendations with modern coaching techniques and healing touch through shiatsu. With these three pillars, I create a uniquely integrative holistic approach that addresses the full spectrum of your emotional and physical well-being.
At a glance:
- 2002 BA International Relations and Spanish, University of Sussex, UK
- 2005 MA International and Comparative Legal Studies, SOAS, UK
- 2006 Completion of year three Shiatsu course, Devon, UK
- 2000-2007 Advocacy in the international environmental sector (India, Peru, D, B, UK)
- 2009- 2020 Holistic life training with Tom Monte, East-West Centre, Belgium
- 2007-2011 Shiatsu & EFT practice and teacher Brussels
- 2011 Burnout- prevention training European Commission, Brussels
- 2012 Work-study in eco-villages Canada, US and Europe
- 2012 Deep Ecology training (work that reconnects) with Joanna Macy, US
- 2012-13 Systemic Life Coaching training course, Berlin, certified by European Coaching Association, Germany
- 2015 Elected as European representative of the Belgian Shiatsu Federation
- 2016 Elected as vice president of European Shiatsu Federation
- 2015-2017 Training in systemic constellation work, with Ramoda Austermann, Berlin, Germany
- 2019 Re- elected as vice president of the European Shiatsu Federation
- 2020 Elected as policy coordinator of EFCAM- European Federation for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- 2017-2021 Supervision and further training in systemic constellation work with Olivier Cavrot and Holger/Christiane Lier
Work in the private, public and non-profit sector:
- 2018 Systemic coaching in the private sector- Xerius Belgium
- 2015-2019 Health and wellness conferences and burnout prevention, European Commission
- 2015- 2021 EFT and self-development trainer East-West Centre, Belgium
- 2015-2021 Vice President of the European Shiatsu Federation
Ongoing- Health and Life Coach, Speaker- Coaching, EFT and Shiatsu practise in Brussels
Languages: English, German, French, Spanish and Dutch
You can contact me here: (0032)(0) 474 61 29 57 or email me email@example.com
A free tapping technique to improve your day!
Would you like to improve your day today by learning a simple technique that will help you get rid of stress and possible tension?
Here is a simple approach that can quickly help you get rid of emotional and physical tension.
In this free video I will show you a very simple holistic technique that can help you find peace and relaxation within minutes.
The technique is based on the basics of Chinese medicine as well as insights from Western psychology and thereby offers a holistic approach.